Oil Salvage Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement?
Oil Salvage Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective from May 25th May 2018 and is an accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
Who we are
Oil Salvage Limited has in place a Data Protection Officer who is responsible for ensuring compliance with Data Protection Law and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018. Should you need to contact the company in relation to any aspect of data protection or specifically in relation to this policy they can be contacted on the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information,
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- collection details including dates / consignment note details / quantity collected
- relevant financial data and information required to satisfy Government audit requirements
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- For business administration purposes, setting up customer accounts and related activities.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We also use your information so you can gain access to ‘Your Waste’ section of the website.
- to provide goods and services
- to meet our legal obligations (e.g. prevention of fraud)
- meeting our internal audit requirements.
Legal basis we have for processing your data
- to ensure that we can exercise our duties and responsibilities in accordance with the contracts we have with employees, suppliers and customers
- to enable us to exercise Oil Salvage legitimate business interests
- to enable the pursuit of vital interests
- to ensure we comply with our public tasks, duties and responsibilities
- meet our Legal obligations
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- to protect data against accidental loss
- to protect against unauthorized access use or disclosure
- to ensure business continuity and disaster recovery
- to restrict access to personal information
- to conduct privacy impact assessments in accordance with the law and your business policies
Retention of data
We will retain your data for no longer than is reasonably necessary and only to enable Oil Salvage Limited to exercise its legitimate business interests.
We will ensure that when data is no longer required it will be securely disposed of and you will be notified accordingly when this has taken place.
Your rights in relation to your data
Your rights in respect of the GDPR 2018 with regards to accessing and controlling your personal data are as follows
- Upon request access to your data this will be provided in accordance with the guidelines as laid down by the GDPR 2018
- should the data provided by you be inaccurate or no longer be required it will be deleted upon request
- you will have the right to withdraw your consent for Oil Salvage Limited retain your data
- you may exercise your right to restrict the processing of your data and raise an objection
- you may exercise your right to lodge a complaint with the information commissioner office (ICO) in relation to concerns you may have concerning the use, retention and or processing of your data
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing the Data Protection Officer as follows, email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.